Pages

10 September 2010

Reading Differently

Credits :  ElementsOfPersuasion; DeviantArt
Fact is I love to read. During the college days, I did not missed the "library period". Rings something in your head? Yes? No?

"Library Period" is reserved for each class at college so that they can lend book from the college's library.

Reading brings enlightenment to one's being. At some point in time, I was young. I used to read lots of books. And at some point further in time, my activities with books receded and finally it saw a halt.

This was when I grew up. No Story Books. :/ I was big enough to read technical books; programming, database and the likes. You know, the sort that would normally blow your head's fuse or just explode like a dynamite.

So what? They were still books. They were physical. You could touch them and at times even sleep with them. (I know this is a bit gross). Eyes did not pain staring...

Got a hint about what I am talking about? Yes, e-books. Easy to find and easy to not finish them. Well it you just need to apply yourself a bit and you can finish a whole book.

Reading my e-books I end up being too long in front of my computer, staring and making an effort to read more and more. At times, end up not reading them at all or reading them partially.

It is 2010 and changes need to happen.

I am working, so I can afford to buy stuffs.

I am working, I tend up to come home tired and want to rest.

So there is no time to read. :/ And then I read a Mauritian blogger who bought an Amazon Kindle. That got me thinking I need to have one.

Think! It does help you read on the move. And I thought even harder since I have used an iPad at work.

So I step back a little and start thinking harder and harder until my head is about to explode. You must be happy? Well, don't be. I didn't let it happen and proof is I am writing this.

Below are all the options I considered:
  1. iPad
  2. Amazon Kindle
  3. HP Slate
  4. Netbook
  5. Tablet PC
Most probably, I will be going for an Amazon Kindle. I will be a little heart broken, there will be no coloured magazines for me.

The Amazon Kindle is not planned for the immediate. Most probably, after October I will buy one. Till then, I can afford to take rest. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your reaction(s) below. Thank You!