Pages

22 September 2010

Blogger Stats

In my quest to blog more often here I come with a something about "Blogger Stats".

After having typed the above line, I feel negativity taking over me; the desire to close this tab is growing stronger and stronger.

I happened to log-in my blogger account to see if there are some comments (Maybe you have been dropping comments like bombs) to moderate and I noticed the the stats link in the dashboard.

Immediately, my brain associated my Google Analytics Account and my Blogger Account. But it does not quite make sense. As far as I remember, I did not allow access to Google Analytics to make its "home" in my Blogger Dashboard.

To satisfy my curiosity, I clicked!

My first thought; take Google Analytics heart and transplant it to Blogger and tweak it for it.

Well, the transplant was not as big of a success; the heart did lose some mass.

Bottomline, it is has the feel of analytics and gives you enough insight on the ins and outs of your weblog.

Clicking here and there, I started to see a better picture of my weblog. I understood better sources of traffic and what pays and what not.

It will help me to optimise for traffic. Yay

I end here, I hope Blogger.com brethren enjoys the new "tab" they have been given of.

Peace out

At this point I have already posted this blog post and opened my next browser tab to continue browsing and I said to myself, I just forgot to write about the magnificent chart found in the stats tab.

They are all images. You can generate some using http://code.google.com/apis/chart/. It makes sense that they use home grown tools.

A simple Google returned what my mind was looking for. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey neelesh i just love what you wrote and all the pictures i've seen (doesnt mean i've seen all of them,lol...) take care and good job...

Jorine

Post a Comment

Please write your reaction(s) below. Thank You!